Rates & Insurance
You choose your rate, between 75-175 per hour. Whatever you choose, that is your rate.
Why do I do this? Because sometimes paying out of pocket on a sliding scale is cheaper than paying for a co-pay, meeting deductible, or flat fee costs.
In some settings, providers require you to provide income documentation to prove what you can pay, but here at Life is a Song, we value your dignity and privacy and trust you know your finances and available funding.
Paying out of pocket removes the requirement for you to be diagnosed, session limits, and other requirements that insurance providers may request.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part through out-of-network reimbursement claims. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include out-of-network mental health reimbursement benefits?
- Do I have an out-of-network deductible? If so, what is it, and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many out-of-network sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for out-of-network services to be covered?
- Do I need a superbill to submit for reimbursement?
- Do I need to receive a diagnosis for my claim to be processed?
I accept all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me with any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!